Winter is a great time to do some space clearing. I find that after the November and December holidays, our homes need a good pick me up. For one thing, there is no circulation of air or energy because the house has most likely been closed up since the early fall. The energy level in the home or office is also decreased due to people dealing with colds and flu. And for some, the let down after the holidays can bring on a mild case of winter blues. This is the time the energy in your home or office could use a little stimulation. Here are some good tips to boost the energy in your home or place of business which in turn will boost your energy levels and give you a more positive feeling in your space.
1. Give the house a good cleaning. Clearing out clutter, and making floors and surfaces sparkly clean can in itself give the room a fresh new look and feel when you enter it.
2. Let in the fresh air. Occasionally mother nature provides us with a warm sunny spell in the middle of winter. Take advantage of this blessing and open your windows. Even if it's just for 30 minutes, the air flow can begin to move the energy flow and pick up the mood.
3. Make some noise! You don't always need space clearing tools to get the energy flowing. Clap your hands, shake a maraca, bang 2 sticks together, ring a bell. Move around the room as you do it and make sure you get the corners where energy can accumulate and get "stuck". You may feel silly but you'll be surprised how crisp the room will look and feel after you do this. Even the sound quality in the room will improve.
4. Burn some incense. Eucalyptus, Juniper, and Rosemary are among the scents that can stimulate the energy around you. You can also diffuse these scents using essential oils.
5. Smudge with Sage. I usually save the Sage for when there is a need for a very heavy energy shift such as after a terrible argument or illness. If there has been illness in your home, the energy can become depressed and low. Clean and disinfect the room and then give it a good smudging. Make sure you have something underneath the sage bundle to catch the embers.
6. Lemon in a bottle. If you want to give a room a quick boost of positive energy, mix lemon oil with water and put it in a spray bottle. A quick spritz around the room can be an instant pick me up.
After the excitement of the holidays, we begin to feel drained or lethargic and maybe even a little depressed. A good energy clearing and boost can make all the difference. Any one of these space clearing techniques can bring an instant positive feel to your space. Have fun and happy space clearing!